District 1199C Hospital & Health Care Employees, Philadelphia & VicinityBenefit & Pension Funds of Hospital & Health Care Employees, Philadelphia & Vicinity

First Shipments of COVID-19 – A Letter from Pres. Chris Woods


This Philadelphia Newspaper Is Forcing Its Employees to Work from the Office During COVID-19

Digital Advocacy Toolkit: Paid Sick Leave for Frontline Workers

The Philadelphia City Council has the opportunity to pass a bill that would give all workers the ability to have paid leave if they test positive for COVID-19 or were in contact with someone who tested positive and must self-isolate. This is more important than ever.

The bill gets voted in committee on Monday, June 22nd. It will then get a final vote the first week of July. ​You should use this toolkit everyday until the first week of July to make the biggest impact.

Your voice can make all the difference!

1199c has developed this social media toolkit that you can use to reach out to your city council member. You can use the graphics to tell your story as well as post on your councilmember’s page.



District 1199C Union Hall Now Open By Appointment ONLY

District 1199C Union Hall is now open by Appointment ONLY:
Monday through Friday 9:00am-4:00pm

To Confirm or Make an Appointment please use phone numbers provided below:

1) 1199C Administration Dial ext.222 and Administrative Organizers: Dial ext.229

2) BENEFIT & PENSION FUND: Dial “9” then 215-552-5830

3) LEGAL FUND: Dial “9” then 215-790-0081

4) TRAINING & UPGRADING FUND: Dial “9” then 215-568-2220
(Located in the Land and Title Building at 100 S Broad Street 10 th Floor)

5) General Questions, Concerns or Mail requiring Signature: Dial ext. 229 or 222

Leaving a Package(s) or Document(s)?  Please Use Drop-Box Provided

CVS COVID -19 Testing Sites Are Being Added Every Day!

More CVS COVID -19 testing sites are being added every day.  Stay up to date on all the CVS testing locations in the area, and even schedule appointments to be tested using the resource links below.

Patients must register in advance at CVS.com to be screened and schedule an appointment. You must be tested in the state where you are a resident.

CVS Testing Location Lookup
Enter your zipcode to locate testing locations near you.

Who qualifies for testing?
Patients must legally reside in the state where the test is given and be 18 years of age or older.

How it works
1 – Answer a few questions to see if you qualify for COVID-19 testing.
2 – Select a test site and available time. Fill out the registration form.
3 – Bring proof of identity and in-state residence, as well as your test confirmation email or text message. Be sure to have your mobile phone in case we need to reach you.
4 – Upon arrival please stay in your car and follow the posted instructions at the site.

Get Tested

Nutrition and Hydration: Quick Facts for COVID-19 Patients Recovering at Home

In the US, only around 12% of those infected with COVID-19 will require hospitalization.1 The remaining 88% are people who will manage their illness and recover at home. The most common symptoms of COVID-19 infection are fever, cough, and shortness of breath; these symptoms are usually accompanied by fatigue and loss of appetite.


UPDATE: District 1199C Union Hall Remain Closed Until June 4th

UPDATE 5/8/20:  District 1199C Union hall will remain closed until June 4th, 2020 due to the COVID-19 pandemic and amended Stay-At-Home order issued by Governor Wolf. 

Governor Wolf has extended his Stay-At-Home order for all non-life essential businesses/organizations. Therefore, District 1199C Union hall will remain closed until June 4th, 2020 due to the COVID-19 pandemic. We will reevaluate as necessary and post any planned changes to this date. Members concerns can be addressed by directly contacting their Organizer, leave a message on the main line @ (215)735-1300 or submit a member concern via the website contact form.


Health Care Workers’ Mental Health Guide

Doctors, nurses, paramedics and more — you’re dedicated to helping others. But what happens when the helpers need help? You’re on the front lines of the COVID-19 pandemic. And this poses a risk to both your mental and physical health.


Coping With COVID-19 Fears – We’re Here For You

It’s normal to feel worried about safety when facing an unknown threat like the COVID-19 virus. With COVID-19 in the news everyday, it’s only natural to have some anxiety. This is especially true since so much about the virus is unknown right now.


Staying Resilient Through COVID-19

Aetna Resources For Living – In challenging times, resilience or the ability to stay strong and bounce back is more important than ever. Whatever your role in your organization, you can boost resilience for yourself and those you work with. These tips can help.


Next Page »